- About Signing Up- All are welcome. But, signing up is a must to participate. However, all are welcome to check out anything on this page. A membership request is required to join, but I will accept ASAP. Sign-ups will go from January 1, 2014 until February 1, 2014.
-Author/Artist Matching– There will, of course be writer and author matching. A Big Bang isn't complete without that. Do you think? With the summaries, there will be a spot to set any age restrictions. I don’t want anyone to feel uncomfortable.
-Pep Talks - I also think everyone needs cheering on with such a feat as this. So, there will be little Pep talks posted once a month. Please, sign up to write one, if you'd like. If you’re interested in writing a little note to all participants, please PM me.
- FAQ -
1. What is a Big Bang? This is a writing even that pushes authors to write long pieces of fiction in a certain amount of time. Then, the authors work with artists, who will illustrate those stories. It’s a lot of work and a lot of fun!
2. Is this Big Bang limited to a certain pairing or genre? While the focus is the BBC show Merlin, you can write your fic with any pairing or genre, just as long as the main focus is Merlin and the character’s in it.
Some, but not all, genres would be:
Slash Gen Fluff Humor Horror Mystery Sci-fi Crossovers Canon Canon AU Modern Dystopian Uptopian Song-fic Historical
3. How much do I need to write? There is a 25,000 word minimum.
4. Am I allowed to work on multiple stories in this challenge? If you want to!
5. I've started a fic before Jan 1, can I use it? It depends. If you've started working on a story and it's not been posted, you may use that. Or, you can come up with a new story especially for this.
6. What about beta-readers? Don't worry about about hunting for one. There will be beta sign ups, as per the calendar. SO, you'll find one right here.
7. What if I am an artist? You can sign up. We will need artists! All types of artists are needed – video editors, manip makers, traditional illustrations, etc - I am sure I am missing a style.
8. Can I participate if I'm not a fanfiction author or artist. Yes! We need beta's and Pep-talk writers.
9. How do I host my work? You can pot it on Live Journal, FF.net, AO3, wherever you want as long as we can read it.
10. What Now? Sign up and have fun! Please, watch this page for updates. In the meantime, spread the word!
Jan 1st - Writer Sign Ups open. Jan 1st - Artist Sign Ups open. Jan 1st - Beta Reader Sign Ups open. Feb 1st - Writer Sign Ups close. Feb 1st - Artist Sign Ups close. March 1st - First pep talk. March 1st - Beta request opens April 1st-10th - First mandatory writer check-in and anonymous summaries submitted. You are encouraged to have 5k written by this point. April 1st - Second pep talk April 12th - Anonymous story summaries posted for artists to view. April 19th-20th - Artist/writer matching. (Writers must share all their work/rough drafts with their artist at this point.) May 1st – Third pep talk May 1st - Artist/writer beta request post opens. June 1st – Fourth pep talk July 1st - Rough drafts due to be submitted; artist and writers. Rough drafts should be at least 15,000 words. July 1st – Final Pep Talk July 1st-12th - Second and final mandatory check-in for both writers and artists. It's encouraged that author's have their 25,000 words by now. July 19th - Posting schedule announced. August 1st – Congratulations note posted August 2nd – Mythic Dreams is live! Stories will begin to be posted each day, as well as a master list.